SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 General Fishing
 Boats, Motors & Kayaks
 4.5m Swiftcraft Kingfisher..my new boat!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Floating_Medic
Mackeral

Australia
69 Posts

Member No: #11449

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  10:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Floating_Medic's Homepage Send Floating_Medic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gday folks,

I bought a boat today and thought id become a member here for some hints and tips, god knows i'll most likely be needing them.

Its my first boat, and its powered by a Yamaha 30 hp 2 stroke.

Its a golden oldie, but for the little fishing trips and some diving here and there, i reckon it should do the trick just fine.

With a little extra TLC she should come up as a nice weekender for me.

Here are a few pics for ya's!

Cheers, Alan.

So many forums, so little imagination for a signature.

punkin
Yakka

Australia
8582 Posts

Member No: #1109

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  05:59:40 AM  Show Profile Send punkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Sportsfish Alan. Hope you enjoy your stay here and your new boat as well.
She looks in fair nick for her age, keep the maintenance up, and use her in suitable waters and i'll bet you get a few years of happy memories outa the old girl...

Punkin

Cry me an ocean, you ugly rat of a thing...

while you boys are doing things tommorow i will be out on the beach targeting plastics with perch

you are a peanut that is passionate about what you can afford

Never respond to clinical insanity - chances are you cannot help, and you risk a life-long relationship
quote:
Originally posted by Dingo

I agree with the pelicans,

Go to Top of Page

SUMOFISHIN
Mackeral

Australia
67 Posts

Member No: #11309

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  07:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit SUMOFISHIN's Homepage Send SUMOFISHIN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Alan, congratulations are in order, she's a fine solid hull, should be great out on Botany bay or in the Georges River, Hope you have many years of enjoyment which leads to bigger and better things. this hull is also suitable up here in Keepit or Split Rock, Go out and enjoy yourself.

I wanna go:: FISHIN with SUMO
Go to Top of Page

allabaster
Salmon

Australia
28 Posts

Member No: #11194

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  2:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit allabaster's Homepage Send allabaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like she'd go alright for a tour of the hacking as well.
Just make very sure that the engine is very regularly serviced and looked after.
Can't get over the people i have to tow in because their engine carked it due to poor service histories.
Still the hardest part is launching and retriveing the thing, get that down pat and there is nothing but enjoyment.
Go to Top of Page

Floating_Medic
Mackeral

Australia
69 Posts

Member No: #11449

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  8:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Floating_Medic's Homepage Send Floating_Medic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Took her out today on botany bay.

In the smoother water she ran really well, planed nicely and got up to a good speed. The afternoon became quite choppy and rough, and she did struggle a little in the rough, but got home safely.

Some more horses would be nice, but like most things, i'll have to be happy with what i have now cause im not made of money...lol

As for diving off her, i think a maximum of 2 adults only for now with the motor im running, but if and/or when i upgrade to about 70 horses, it should be fine for 4 adults.

So many forums, so little imagination for a signature.
Go to Top of Page

santa claus
Sailfish

Australia
240 Posts

Member No: #8892

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  07:28:57 AM  Show Profile Send santa claus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G"day FM,

my first boat was a Swiftcraft, the same model I think. I agree that you are severly underdone in horsepower, my boat had a 65HP and was just right. Hoad hours of fun with the family and lasted for a number of years until I upgraded.

There are plenty of AJ's that fish and boat so it wont be hard to find someone to help. In T'ville the Army has a Sportsfishing Club, I was a member for about 10 years best time of my carreer.

Santa is alive and well and comes more than once a year.
Go to Top of Page

SUMOFISHIN
Mackeral

Australia
67 Posts

Member No: #11309

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  08:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit SUMOFISHIN's Homepage Send SUMOFISHIN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Alan, if she gets up and planes ok you'll be happy, just remember if you have a bigger motor the only thing that will happen coming home in the chop is that you'll get wetter, and wont be able to go much faster. also a point to remember is that a bigger motor is a lot heavier and the transom will sit lower in the water which increases transom wash at sea or when stopping.

I wanna go:: FISHIN with SUMO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000