Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Sportsfish Notice Board
 Sportsfish Help Desk
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neil
SportsFish

Australia
3823 Posts

Member No: #1

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  4:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neil's Homepage Send Neil a Private Message
Members can now load their own to the Sportsfish website via our set-up system which can be found in your "My Profile" section.

The instructions are easy to follow and self explanatory.

Please input the correct Avatar image link URL.(prefix with http://) and also specify your own Avatar Name.

The Avatar size limit to 96x96 .gif or .jpg image file.
If no problems, it should be assigned for you after 2 or 3 days.

After you complete the required actions check your profile page and select the avatar of your choice.

Thanks.

Neil
SportsFish

Australia
3823 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  09:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Neil's Homepage Send Neil a Private Message
A couple of important things to note:

1: Our Avatar feature is an auto system.

2: If the file link you provide in the form is incorrect it will not be active. Nothing we can do about that. No point emailing us as we will have no idea where your avatar pick is and will not be able to assist. We can not fix broken or external linking.

3: All avatars approved will show up in the box in your Profile. It is not automatically displayed. You will need to select the avatar you want.

4: Ensure your avatar is uploaded to the net and not on a local computer. You can put it in the "My Files" section on Sportsfish.

5: Emailing and having a go at us WILL not help. All we do is check the subject of the avatar to ensure it is appropriate to be displayed and hit a approve or delete button.

So in short ensure your links are correct; do not link from your local computer; keep the file size of the image down, 96 pixels by 96 pixels is ideal; check your profile box to ensure it is available for you to select and use and where possible use the "my Files" section in your profile to unload your pic to, it makes life so much easier for all.

Neil.

Go to Top of Page

David
Marlin

Australia
315 Posts

Member No: #8384

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  2:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message
Hey Neil,

I have a new add-on for the Avatars if you want me to install it. It will allow users to crop their own images and submit them, the only issue is that the users may put inappropriate images online as they get approved straight away.

Would you like me to add it to the site? You can look at VN and check your profile there to see how it works.

Cheers,

David

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to earn some money.

Firefox is my bitch now!!
Go to Top of Page

Neil
SportsFish

Australia
3823 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  3:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neil's Homepage Send Neil a Private Message
Add away David you got the keys

Neil

Go to Top of Page

David
Marlin

Australia
315 Posts

Member No: #8384

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message
All done and dusted.

Hello All,

To use this feature, you need to logon to your profile and then you will see a linke that says: Create an Avatar

Once you click, it will again ask for your username and password (security feature) and then it will ask for the image and you select the part of the image you want to display, simply by dragging the little boxes to suite. I would recommend that you try to keep the image square as the software resizes the image to 96 X 96 pixels. You are then done when you submit it. I just did it with the Avatar with my posts.

Takes a lot of the guess work out. Images can not be bigger than 200kb or it will error out and you will have to do it again. The final size of the Avatar will be 4Kb. Only a few sites now have this feature, so please do not abuse your priv' to have it here.

Cheers,

David

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to earn some money.

Firefox is my bitch now!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000