Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Welcome to Sportsfish Forums
 FishChat (general)
 Pro's want to fish Botany Bay !
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gibbo_82
Marlin

Australia
319 Posts

Member No: #6209

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  4:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gibbo_82's Homepage Send Gibbo_82 a Private Message
no it doesn't,correct me if i'm wrong, but your post seemes to be sympathetic towards the pro's, insinuating that they use to have enough catch to feed their family's as well as operate a buisiness and make a killing out of it at the same time?

You say in the 50's and 60's, that would mean over 40years of comercial netting of the bay, do you really think that nearly 50 years of constant netting could equate to that amount of fish rejuvinating and growing to legal size, then having enough 'for everyone'?

Just thought i'd share this with you.

Kingies are King
Go to Top of Page

Stompy
Marlin

Australia
728 Posts

Member No: #642

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  5:22:15 PM  Show Profile Send Stompy a Private Message
Gibbo,

It was Casey's first post, it looks to me like he was just posting a story from a long time ago when he lived in the area, probably fair enough to cut him a little slack.

Hopefully with pros out of the bay it will recover to its former glory. I read in the paper yesterday that the Govt has said no a return, citing the compensation paid, $4M, from the rec trust as a major reason. They also stated that a 12 month environmental impact study is required on any area to open to commercial fishing, another $1m or so.

I think in a couple of years time if we look at BB and compare it to areas around marine parks, we will see that closing inshore fisheries to Commercial Fishos is a far more sensible way to ensure fish for the future.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

Casey
Sailfish

Australia
218 Posts

Member No: #9542

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  7:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Casey's Homepage Send Casey a Private Message
Gidday Gibbo_82.
Thanks for the warm welcome .
It's just a story, no more, no less, but hey,
thanks for sharing.

Casey
Go to Top of Page

Gibbo_82
Marlin

Australia
319 Posts

Member No: #6209

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  08:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibbo_82's Homepage Send Gibbo_82 a Private Message
Apologies casey, i didn't notice, i get a little red in the face when i'm expected to act a bit more sypathetically towards the pro's. My post still stands however that they deserve no sympathey what so ever, they're either blind or stupid to not be able to predict the future of their industry.

Kingies are King
Go to Top of Page

Casey
Sailfish

Australia
218 Posts

Member No: #9542

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  10:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Casey's Homepage Send Casey a Private Message
Cheers Gibbo

Casey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000