Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Welcome to Sportsfish Forums
 FishChat (general)
 Help please - first time fishing Iluka/Yamba
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TommySoftPlastix
Marlin

Australia
558 Posts

Member No: #9467

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  11:05:19 PM  Show Profile Send TommySoftPlastix a Private Message
Some mates & I are going to Iluka for 4-5 days late February to fish offshore & inside the Clarence for the first time (mostly soft-plastics). Does anyone have any tips and/or GPS marks they'd like to share ? Also, does anyone know an experienced fisho up there who (for a fee) might be willing to spend half to one day with us when we get there, so we don't spend 3-4days looking for the good spots, only to have to go home ? Thanks

Fishin's fun I loves to fish, doo-dah, doo-dah ;
Makes a tasty dish-delish, oh doo-dah day !

luderick -angler
Marlin

Australia
443 Posts

Member No: #9243

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  09:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit luderick -angler's Homepage Send luderick -angler a Private Message
Check your pm's
Go to Top of Page

Medication
Salmon

Australia
29 Posts

Member No: #9484

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  3:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Medication's Homepage Send Medication a Private Message
Go over to Yamba to A tackle shop called Fully Rigged, and ask for Chris Rigg, he knows the river as well as anyone, and is always looking for an excuse to go fishing, I'm sure he would be happy to show you around.

If your dreams dont scare you,their not big enough.
Go to Top of Page

stealthmission
Mackeral

Australia
61 Posts

Member No: #9552

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  1:24:41 PM  Show Profile Send stealthmission a Private Message
So many options for a range of fishing.. apart from the Clarence... head out a coupls of beachs south (Shark Bay) and they have been catching heaps of Mackeral of late!
Go to Top of Page

stealthmission
Mackeral

Australia
61 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  1:27:07 PM  Show Profile Send stealthmission a Private Message
oops.. north of the Clarence.. sorry having one of those days. I was up there over Xmas and heard the 4 a.m sessions were well worth it
Go to Top of Page

stealthmission
Mackeral

Australia
61 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile Send stealthmission a Private Message
Oh and one other thing.. if you are around the Iluka boat ramp at 4 p.m. in the arvo you will have a bunch of often amused locals looking for the usual boat ramp shananigans!

Not a good time for people not so confident at launching their boats!

Good to try for Flathead inside the wall (as close a possible without snagging) where the Iluka ferry wharf is. A friend of mine kept running out of plastics catching flatties up to 70cm on the run out tide!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000