Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Welcome to Sportsfish Forums
 FishChat (general)
 North Coast Jacks
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

northcoastin
Mackeral

Australia
60 Posts

Member No: #8468

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  5:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit northcoastin's Homepage Send northcoastin a Private Message
Just wondering if other people out there who fish the north coast for jacks had a tough season. Only managed 11 jacks to 52cms from 15 trips with 10 of them taken on livies. Mind you i probably lost over twice as many!

harro1
Salmon

Australia
32 Posts

Member No: #8355

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  9:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit harro1's Homepage Send harro1 a Private Message
G/day
not sure about the jacks dont realy chase them what rivers are you talking about? i hade a good year on GT's and other trevally hear in port macquarie its good to see all these northen species making there way down south more and more each year i also hooked a giant herring this year good fun on the bream spinning gear
Go to Top of Page

northcoastin
Mackeral

Australia
60 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  9:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit northcoastin's Homepage Send northcoastin a Private Message
Harro i live at Valla Beach so, i mainly fish between south west rocks and iluka for the jacks up in the creeks. Yeah it is good to see the tropical species coming this far south. Yeah GT's were plentiful this year and a few people i know manged to hook some giant herring and tarpon.Ive only fished for them for a couple of years now and iam totally hooked on them. In my view their the holy grail of north coast species.
Go to Top of Page

harro1
Salmon

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  10:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit harro1's Homepage Send harro1 a Private Message
seen some big jacks in hat head creek in the last 2 years. 2 would have been over 3kg. ever tryed in there?

Edited by - harro1 on 01 Jun 2005 10:11:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

northcoastin
Mackeral

Australia
60 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit northcoastin's Homepage Send northcoastin a Private Message
No i havent, did u see them up past the road bridge in the discoloured water?
Go to Top of Page

harro1
Salmon

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit harro1's Homepage Send harro1 a Private Message
rite under the road bridge nere the town on high tide when the water is clear. in the first half an hour of the run out i saw over 10 jacks to over 3kg some big estuary cod a flathead over 4kg and heaps of other species like bream,blackfish,whiting,pike,mullat etc. its amazing how many fish can be in such a small sistem.
Go to Top of Page

walsh_02
Pilchard

Australia
2 Posts

Member No: #11615

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  8:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit walsh_02's Homepage Send walsh_02 a Private Message
harro1, where abouts did you catch the gt's in port? near the bridges and rockwalls around settlement city way??
Go to Top of Page

Ben78
Sailfish

Australia
261 Posts

Member No: #9532

Posted - 07 Jun 2007 :  08:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ben78's Homepage Send Ben78 a Private Message
Two seasons down casting lures in the creeks and still no jacks for me, I *must* be doing something wrong...

Valla hey, Deep Creek would have to be a Jack fest...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000