Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Welcome to Sportsfish Forums
 FishChat (general)
 Anyone know anything about Hamilton Island??
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EastBayRay
Sailfish

Australia
246 Posts

Member No: #3022

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  6:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit EastBayRay's Homepage Send EastBayRay a Private Message
I know there was a few topics about this before but the search function doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm going there next month and want to do some shore based casting lures or flys. Anyone with any info at all much apreciated.

tOrAnA jAnNa
Salmon

Australia
25 Posts

Member No: #4258

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  3:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tOrAnA jAnNa's Homepage Send tOrAnA jAnNa a Private Message
i just went to hamilton at the start of this year...i wasnt there for long so i cudnt get much fishing in...i didnt go fishing off the shore although there are fairly good deep sea fishing excursions running...sorry i cudnt help more

Go to Top of Page

Crossy
Marlin

Australia
643 Posts

Member No: #438

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  12:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crossy's Homepage Send Crossy a Private Message
i lived on there for a wee while you should get your hands on a pair of flippers and a snorkel and go exploring we did a lot of spearfishing but in the harbour(man made) are all sorts of cods ect.. if you get a golf cart and explore some of the more uncommon parts of the island i'm sure you could fish hassle free some of the locals caught a 16ft tiger right off the point of the main beach.

My mate spied some barra's too holding in a rock bar right near the main beach too.

If you can get a tinnie of some sort you could get into some pelagics that bust up everywhere in the main channel.
Go to Top of Page

bream_man
Salmon

Australia
32 Posts

Member No: #6127

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  8:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit bream_man's Homepage Send bream_man a Private Message
i've just been up their there at daydream island, 20 mins for from hamilton and it is amazing but there are lots of small boats u you can hire and go to some reefs close to the islands. There were also lots!!!! of people fishing in the harbour and im not sure but apparently there are sum some lakes with barra on the island but im not sure about that one.

Edited by - Sailfish on 25 Oct 2004 9:35:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Billfish
The Bream Reaper

Australia
3403 Posts

Member No: #397

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  9:11:16 PM  Show Profile Send Billfish a Private Message
I hired a boat to cruise the Whitsundays and called in to Hamilton for a day/night. While the boat was berthed I fished around the marina and there are all sorts of goodies to be caught. I managed to get some small GT's, Queenies, Moses Perch and a few other odds and sods. Nothing big but a lot of fun on light gear.

I did see some huge cod there as well.

Bill.

"Football, it's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that" -

Bill Shankley Liverpool Manager.

Edited by - Billfish on 25 Oct 2004 9:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sailfish
Linux Powered

Australia
2855 Posts

Member No: #51

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  9:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sailfish's Homepage Send Sailfish a Private Message
Hmmmm yes, Hamilton Is. best stop over on the "Booze Cruise" stop in for a feed, check out the show then head back to the mainland for a snooze.........what tha!! fishing rods ?? what for ?? !! (take the missus back to the bungalow mate )

Go to Top of Page

barra_dan
Marlin

320 Posts

Member No: #9344

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  9:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see barra_dan's MSN Messenger address Send barra_dan a Private Message
what sorta bait do you guys recommend?

do they sell it on the island?

cheers

until next time... Layda

Go to Top of Page

punkin
Yakka

Australia
8582 Posts

Member No: #1109

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  04:54:50 AM  Show Profile Send punkin a Private Message
Ya had me goin there for a minute, Dan.
Till i saw the Lowrance banners....and checked the dates....2004

Reckon most of those guys would only reccomend lures...

Punkin

Cry me an ocean, you ugly rat of a thing...

while you boys are doing things tommorow i will be out on the beach targeting plastics with perch

you are a peanut that is passionate about what you can afford

Never respond to clinical insanity - chances are you cannot help, and you risk a life-long relationship
quote:
Originally posted by Dingo

I agree with the pelicans,

Go to Top of Page

barra_dan
Marlin

320 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see barra_dan's MSN Messenger address Send barra_dan a Private Message
haha time flys.

so in that case.. any recommendations on lures?
in respect to bait, is it possible to cast net off the wharf?

cheers all

until next time... Layda

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
The Saratoga

Australia
2041 Posts

Member No: #530

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  9:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage Send Nathan a Private Message
2004?!

Ah well, I'm now based on the mainland near Hamilton. Drop us a PM if any of you are headed this way.

Cheers.

All fishermen are liars, except for you and me. But sometimes Im not so sure about you.

www.litjens.com.au
Go to Top of Page

barra_dan
Marlin

320 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2006 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see barra_dan's MSN Messenger address Send barra_dan a Private Message
hey nathan, we are heading there soon, do you have any info regarding fishing the wharf and also surrounding beaches? and whether you can buy bait there or is it easily caught with a cast net?
hoping we can smuggle some food and alcohol across to the island, apparently you cant take your own stuff?????

until next time... Layda

Go to Top of Page

dave0808
Yellowfin

Australia
167 Posts

Member No: #281

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  12:27:22 PM  Show Profile Send dave0808 a Private Message
hammo is great fishing from the shore. if you go out on the peir near the airport and take a bright torch there is always squid there and i was there 1 night when someone pulled in a moster GT from the jetty. you used to be able to hire tinnys from the island and you just fish near the rocks anywhere and there are coral trout around as well. you can buy bait and the fish and chip shop there used to cook what you catch for about $2 as well so that was always handy.
Go to Top of Page

barra44
Whale Shark

Australia
3604 Posts

Member No: #619

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  1:30:54 PM  Show Profile Send barra44 a Private Message
my daughter might be going there to work .childcare ,never been myself but sounds nice .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000